There's a book about this stuff?
Yup. 80,000 words. It will soon be shopped to publishers.
A business book?
My focus is on business lessons we can learn from rock & roll bands. The book identifies six ways in which the great bands are exceptional business teams:
- They're radical innovators.
- They're passionate and inspired about their work—and they have fun.
- They manage differences and capitalize on conflict.
- They have a distinct personality, identity, and brand.
- They're ambitious, focused, and result-driven, despite stereotypes to the contrary.
- They're self-determined and independent-minded.
Then I show how to instill—or liberate—these abilities in our organizational teams.
And I argue that without an infusion of these qualities many of our beleaguered organizations and institutions, ill-equipped to compete in a disruptive global economy, are headed for obsolescence or irrelevance!
To keep it interesting I illustrate my points with stories and anecdotes from boardrooms, bars, and recording studios. It will be a business book you can dance to.